what we know:
- We are committed to providing a summer of fun, friends, and success for all of our campers
- The safety of campers, staff and their families will always be our number one priority
- We are working to develop safety protocols for 2021, based on anticipated guidelines from the Ontario Camps Association and public health authorities as well as the experiences of summer camps outside of Ontario that operated in 2020. At this time, these protocols include:
a. being outside as much as possible
b. creating cabin cohort groups
c. wearing a mask when around someone from outside of your cohort
d. physical distancing from those outside of your cohort
e. pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test required of all staff and campers
f. requiring a 14-day “quarantine” (apart from attendance at school and/or work) prior to camp
g. requiring a daily symptom screening checklist and temperature check for 14 days prior to camp
h. daily symptom screening and temperature checks while at camp
i. staggered meal times
j. increased hand hygiene
k. increased sanitizing and disinfecting of highly-touched surfaces
- We will continue to offer full refunds until May 15, 2021 - if there are still uncertainties related to COVID-19 protocols at that time, the refund deadline will be extended
what we don't know:
- Whether we will be able to operate at full capacity - if not, we may have to limit registration
- Whether we will need to adjust our session dates and/or lengths
- Whether we will still be able to welcome campers and staff from outside Canada
- Additional changes we may need to make to our camp routines based on guidance documents from the Ontario Camps Association and North Bay Parry Sound District Public Health Unit
- Whether we will be successful in acquiring COVID-19 tests (for arrival days, during the session, for those displaying symptoms)
- How many campers and staff will have received a COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of camp
Given What We Know and What We Don’t Know Yet, Here is What We Suggest:
If you are interested in having your child or teen attend Camp Kodiak next summer, it’s not too early to start the application process. Submit the online application indicating your session preference, with the understanding that dates and lengths of the sessions may change. We will arrange a virtual meeting for you and your camper with one of our Directors. If your camper is accepted, we will ask you to put down a deposit to reserve your spot. We will then inform you of any COVID-19-related changes that need to be made as they happen. As always, if you are not happy, you can withdraw with a full refund until May 15, 2021, or later if major changes are required beyond that date.
Your child deserves an amazing summer.
The first step in the application process is to complete an application form through the online CampBrain portal.
Click the link below to get started!